14/07/2014

BLUE JASMINE

I get my fashion inspiration from the weirdest places. In this case, the look is inspired by Cate Blanchett in the Woody Allen movie, Blue Jasmine. Blanchett plays a broke Upper East Sider who moves in with her sister with a Hermes Birkin bag and the handful of her designer clothing that wasn't repossessed. One of her simplest looks in the movie is a white shirt tucked into her blue jeans, and weirdly its always stuck in my mind.

In actual fact it was hot as hell today and I only wore this briefly. Under normal circumstances this would be pretty good for summer, it was just today that I felt I might spontaneously combust. These jeans are amazing, I'd lusted after them for months which made it all the more satisfying when they finally arrived (especially since I got them on sale). They're similar to a pair I put in my fashion staples post. I was inspired to bust out my trusty aviators, which I confess haven't seen the light of day since last summer, by Into The Gloss's collaboration with Warby Parker. First the hair, now the glasses - that Emily Weiss just has an effect on me, what can I say?

xoxo Toramarra
Shirt - Urban Spirit, Jeans - Hollister, Shoes - Topman, Sunglasses - New Look, Watch - Michael Kors, Jewellery - Assorted

No comments :

Post a Comment