30/03/2015

HOW TO LOOK 'VERY HERMÈS'



As my friend Clara and I walked down the halls of London College of Fashion, she in a grey cardigan, me in my camel coat, our lecturer Tony Glenville offered one of the best compliments someone could hope to receive; "Look at you two with your camel and grey, you look so very Hermès!" Ever since then I have taken these as words to live by, because when Tony Glenville gives you advice, you listen.

The outfit I'm wearing now is the outfit I was wearing then, and ever since its become a bit of a staple. There's something about wearing leather that feels a little dangerous, no? Since its about as close to danger as I feel comfortable with, I'm going to answer that with a yes. The key to this look, other than the apparent danger of mixing leather with a classic camel coat (OH, the controversy!), is that there is in fact no actual Hermès in sight. Quite the contrary, this outfit was brought to you largely by H&M.

Whether or not you have a budget better suited to H&M or Hermès, keep in mind that whilst clothes themselves have a price tag, style doesn't. And so, until I can appropriately look "very Hermès" in the label itself, I'm just going to fake it till I make it. 

Tom xx
  
Coat - H&M, Sweatshirt - H&M, Trousers - Zara, Chelsea Boots - H&M, Sunglasses - eBay

No comments :

Post a Comment