19/07/2013

NET JUMPERS AND A BOUCLE FOR MEN? A/W13 IS UPON US!

With the arrival of the first summer ever recorded in British history (ever, honestly) it seems only fitting that the fashion houses are bringing out their A/W13 lines. H&M has always been one of my favourite stores due to its edgy approach to design. Along with Zara its probably my favourite high street store! This morning I saw the first batch of new arrivals for the A/W menswear, and its a mixed bag. Here's my favourites!

Fine-knit Jumper, £29.99

H&M has a habit of always bringing out what I want when I want it. This is probably due to their fast-fashion reputation, but it comes in handy! I love this open knit jumper. I first had the inspiration to create a net jumper of my own last winter, however I never got round to making it (A-levels, anyone?). Paired with a crisp white shirt (as pictured) it can look sharp and professional, but layered over a fuschia or mint shirt gives it a peek-a-boo shot of summery brightness! Dolce & Gabbana used net in their S/S12 menswear to great effect. This is the perfect piece to bridge the gap between summer and autumn - the open-knit will be cool yet maintain the wintery look!
Denim Jacket, £59.99
I kinda love this jacket for a couple of reasons. The collarless design is reminiscent of a boucle jacket, the Chanel women's suit staple. The dark wash and denim material give it the masculine edge it needs to avoid Coco Chanel territory. I would pair this with a light top, maybe just a simple white to off-set the darker colour. Don't be afraid to go for double denim! A contrasting pair of white jeans would give off a totally 90's vibe, something I'd wear to college in a heartbeat.

94 Sweatshirt, £29.99
Ah. Sporty chic. This has really never been my area, yet I can't help but be drawn to this item. The contrast of the sport sweatshirt with the white professional shirt is pretty striking to me. I love the idea of pairing this with something completely office-y like black trousers with brogues, but you could also pull a summer vibe with brightly coloured skinny jeans and rolled up sleeves! Build the look AROUND the jumper - a chunky men's watch and is the perfect accompaniment.

I look forward to seeing the new arrivals coming in for all the stores and labels, most importantly Isabel Marant's H&M collaboration, which will be the FIRST TIME the designer has EVER DONE MENSWEAR. Excited is not the word!!!

Till next time!

Tom x

No comments :

Post a Comment